So... where is Croatia anyway?

So... where is Croatia anyway?
Map of Eastern Europe

Me and Anne Frank

Me and Anne Frank
Day 1: Amsterdam

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The Great (?) Walled City of Dubrovnik


What can I say about this place... the Old Town is completely encircled by tall stone walls to defend the city (and once its own country) of Dubrovnik from attack by land or sea. It didn't do much to protect the city from the Serbian assault by air during the 1990s, but we won't dwell on that. Dubrovnik is beautiful, but it is very built up for tourists and you can always see groups of people flashing away with their cameras. I have to say i am a bit disappointed with this place. Perhaps I built it up too much in my mind?

The best part of Dubrovnik for me is the fact that Toshi will fly here tomorrow and I will finally get to see him and hug him!

No comments: